We are currently looking for a talented Systems Engineer who has the experience necessary to help build out our existing infrastructure and troubleshoot problems as they arise. The ideal candidate for this position can prioritize mission-critical tasks and dedicated to supporting and administering our computing environment as well as our customers.
- Monitor existing systems to ensure structural integrity
- Oversee the development and installation of new hardware and software
- Install and configure operating systems and other software and routinely test installed software for glitch detection and other issues
- Provide technical direction to IT support staff
- Ensure constant availability of technical resources
- Design and implement security systems and redundant backups to maintain data safety
- Write custom scripts to reduce the need for human intervention
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Engineering or related field preferred
- Proven track record of success in installation and maintenance of LINUX-based software
- Experience creating automated scripts and software preferred
- Willingness to sign a confidentiality agreement and protect trade secrets
- Exceptional networking skills and knowledge
- Must be an excellent verbal and written communicator
- Project management skills required
- Experience in deep administration of Linux/Windows and Citrix XenServer
- Must be self-motivated, proactive, independent, punctual, and responsive, requiring little supervision
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize.
- Must be willing and available to work outside of scheduled shift when need, on call
- Utilize a variety of remote access techniques and tools
- Must possess excellent research, strong analysis, and problem-solving skills within modern IT infrastructure.
- Reports to a team leader or manager