We are currently looking for self-driven, passionate and results focused Software QA Tester to be part of our team. The ideal candidate for this position has a programming degree and likes doing a variety of different things, likes working with people and doing some traveling.
Individual selected is responsible for the quality of software development and deployment. Duties include but not limited to:
- Perform manual and automated tests to ensure the software developed by developers is fit to use.
- Communicate test progress, test results, and other relevant information to project
- Analyze user stories and requirements for validity and feasibility
- Collaborate closely with other team members and customers
- Perform all levels of testing (functional, integration, regression)
- Track software defects and inconsistences and provide support and documentation.
- Create specifications for new software by gathering data and writing technical documents
- Implementation/Installation of our software packages
- Self-starter that can work in a team environment
- Must live within driving distance of our office, we do not do remote work
- Knowledge, or ability to learn, basic command line functions for Windows and Linux servers
- Manage projects, knowledge of software development life cycle, gathering technical data, the creation of requirements documentation (specifically dealing with SRS documentation, Use Cases, and UML Diagrams) and basic functional understanding of relational databases required
- Perform Quality Assurance on new software
- Some overnight travel will be necessary
- A 4-year degree is highly preferred but not required (higher education is a plus)
The ideal candidate would have the following traits.
- Our various packages are written in both desktop and web languages so familiarity in both are a plus.
- Prior knowledge of various testing methodologies.
- Some background in coding is a plus due to the various testing tools requiring some programming for the test cases.
- Detail oriented with great attention to detail.
- Basic software engineering principles. Including the various software development life cycle models.
- Communication skills are critical due to the nature of this position it will be required to communicate with upper management, the various different teams and all involved stakeholders.