Summary of the Job: BIS is looking for a dedicated Financials Analyst to provide financial and accounting support to BIS Teams, Departments, and Customers via phone, remote access or on-site visits. Install application software at customer sites and train in use thereof. Travel as needed.
Required Education Experience: Four year Accounting Degree or Emphasis and/or equivalent accounting experience required.
Acquired knowledge/education/experience/expertise of software applications and general accounting skills.
Necessary Skills: Strong accounting knowledge. Heavy analysis and reconciliation abilities. Excellent verbal and written communications. High degree of customer service skills. Working knowledge of appropriate Operating Systems and hardware. Ability to maintain working knowledge of company software packages, diagnose problems, with project management and scheduling skills. Knowledge of point-of-sale systems helpful but not required. MS Office required. SQL knowledge preferred.
· Analyze and reconcile financial data
· Perform bank reconciliations
· Compile, analyze and balance reports
· General Ledger functions – account and report maintenance, journal entries, trial balance
· Knowledge of Accounts Receivable and Payable processes
· Monitor and review accounting and related systems reports for accuracy and completeness
· Resolve accounting discrepancies
· Work closely with customers and fellow team members as needed
· Support other Teams and Department as needed.
· Create technical specifications for new projects, gathering data from sources as needed
· Other duties as assigned